[Latingp] IP response on Latin Repertoire 20180525

Michael Bauland michael.bauland at knipp.de
Tue Jun 26 19:02:32 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am a bit confused by the choice of comments from the IP regarding
EGIDS 5 languages:
* In some occasions (e.g., 0115, Bavarian (5)) they state that the
languages should be removed from the refernce (sometimes with the result
of eliminating the whole character)
* In some occasions (e.g., 015D, Tswa (5)) they require additional
comments for those languages.
* In some occasions (e.g., 1E5B, Kabyle (5)) the languages are accepted
without complaint from IP.

I guess, according to our statement "Languages with EGIDS 5 may be
included in special cases where there is additional evidence that it is
in widespread use" we should alter our table as follows:
* remove EGIDS 5 languages, if other at least two other references are
available wiht higher score
* keep EGIDS 5 languages, if there is one or no other reference available
* add a comment to prove its widespread use for all remaining EGIDS 5
langauges

Cheers,

Michael

      |       |
      | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                    Technologiepark
                                  Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                  44227 Dortmund
                                  Germany

      Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                  Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
      Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
      Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                  Register Court: