[Latingp] Diacritics Below

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Mon May 6 12:32:07 UTC 2019

Hi Bill,

On 02.05.2019 17:33, Bill Jouris wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I would like to show why I think the various diacritics below (not just
> dot and macron) ought to be accounted variants as well.  And I thought
> I'd do it as an email, because that's likely to be the way (along with
> links on web pages) that most people will get links.
>
> By way of example, consider one of the original TLDs: .mil
>
> _www.teștexampļe1.mil <http://www.xn--exampe-0cb.mil/>_
> _www.testexampḽe2.mil _
> www.testexample3.miḽ <http://www.testexample3.miḽ>
> _www.tesțexample4.miļ <http://www.example.xn--mi-gqa/>_
>
> Can you honestly say that you can tell which cases of .mil have
> diacritcs under the L?

> And if you think you can, did you notice which
> cases of "testexample" had them?  And which diacritic?  Because I sure
> can't.

Yes, I can honestly say that I can see something under the l of example
for the first two cases and something under the l of mil in the last two
cases (plus some other strange things under s in the first and t in the
last case.

Which diacritic however, is something I could not tell.

Furthermore in the first and the last case the actual link didn't match
shown address, but that's a complete different problem, out of our scope.

Best regards,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: