[Metrics.SC] Meeting Invitation/ Singapore - At-Large Metrics Working Group

Maureen Hilyard hilyard at oyster.net.ck
Wed Feb 4 16:33:21 UTC 2015

Hi Silvia and the team

Because the initial workspace link inserted into traditional meeting
notifications is usually the original notice about the formation of the
working group, I was wondering if we could make some amendments to this page
if it is meant to provide any information of value for current WG meeting
participants and to encourage them to participate.

Would it be possible for any additional pages that are created in the course
of the activities of the WG to be LINKED to this initial workspace, so that
we can see that some progress has been made by the WG. There is nowhere
within our community pages that coordinates this information and yet there
are so many pages that have been created for each WG since its formation,
that these are now difficult to locate and to keep track of.

Would it not be possible to create a link on this original page as new
meeting pages are created to enable participants more easily access an
accumulative record about what work has been done, who has participated and
what decisions have resulted from these meetings - both online and face to
face. People are more likely to stay engaged if they can see that their
contributions have been recorded and noted. Many people don't have time to
go looking for the last set of minutes, and our search facility doesn't
really help for meetings because the page titles are often not consistent.

As part of our own WG's metrics, it would highlight participation by the
Metrics team members.  Notably, that of the long list of individuals who
volunteered for the WG, there are many who have NEVER attended a meeting.

If it is to be part of the meeting notices, the workspace link should take
participants to a page that should capture all the information about the WG
as a one-stop-shop. It might also help staff when they are coordinating the
metrics data that we are asking for about regarding participation by ALAC
and ALS members.

Thoughts from others about meeting information in relation to metrics?

Regards

Maureen J

PS I will be using maureen.hilyard at gmail.com when I am in Singapore. See you
all there.