[ME ICANN] Montreal ME Space statement first draft for your comment : MEAC or ME Space??

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:09:43 UTC 2019

Dear Hadia and Foad,

Here what I have replied on the thread with some editing and addition.

The "ME Space" was approved by Baher and Fahd and the MEAC-SWG since the
inception of ME Space.

The reasoning that MEAC term is not being used to describe ICANN
geographical subregion. Hence when ME Space sessions are scheduled in ICANN
meeting it has to go per the common name.

This issue of MEAC was debated in length at the MEAC-SWG but this
discussion lead no where. (MEAC-SWG emails are publicly available and you
can search through it. Given the fact that some members objected on the use
of MEAC).

Hence, I shall be careful of starting this discussion here and leaving the
name as ME Space as the status quo.

Best wishes
Nadira