[ME ICANN] [Live Discussion] Technology and Human Rights in Times of Crisis

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Tue Mar 24 17:43:25 UTC 2020

This livestream discussion may be of interest to some. It takes place on Thursday 26 March at 13.00 UTC.

Fahd

Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 6:31 PM
Subject: Technology and human rights in times of crisis – live discussion

Is this email not displaying correctly?   View this email in your browser

[Live discussion] Technology and human rights
in times of crisis
Thursday, 26th March, 13:00 UTC (14:00 CET), online

As our life shifts online and our daily functioning becomes increasingly dependent on technology, our online rights become all the more relevant. During a crisis, access to networks and timely information through media, social networks and websites becomes for many a matter of survival.

Join us on Thursday, 26 March at 13:00 UTC (14:00 CET / 09:00 EST) as we discuss how our new reality impacts the enjoyment and protection of human rights.

Other suggested material:

DiploFoundation's new Conference Tech Lab [diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com] – built through years of experience – monitors the current shift from on site events to online meetings; offers advice on which e-participation platform to choose according to your needs; tips and tricks for online conferencing and moderation; and, more!