[RDS-WHOIS2-CommInterface] Reminder: deadline to submit subgroup report

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Thu Jun 7 16:27:05 UTC 2018

Hi Lisa,

thanks for asking. No progress has been made at this point with regard
to the completion of section 5. It would be helpful if the proposer of
the recommendation would look into putting some more meat on the bones.
As it stands, I would not support the recommendation myself since it is
completely unsupported by any rationale, impact statement or feasability
review. While I agree that the proposed metrics would be nice to have, I
am unclear about the benefits.

I also note the original recommendation does not request metrics. These
metrics would have been helpful to our work in assessing the
effectiveness of the common interface, but beyond that?

If we stick to the recommendation, we should be clear that this is a
recommendation targetting ICANN to provide better data on their portal,
so its effectiveness can be better reviewed.

Volker

Am 02.06.2018 um 21:52 schrieb Lisa Phifer:
> Hi Volker and Susan,
>
> How are things coming on a final update to the Common Interface
> subgroup report?
>
> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/rds-whois2-comminterface/attachments/20180524/d6e8a7d5/Subgroup1-Rec11CommonInterface-Report-Draft2-0001.docx
>
> Does the subgroup need to meet to finalize this report? Or do you plan
> to send an updated report to the subgroup with a last call for
> agreement or objections?
>
> Once agreed by the subgroup, staff can start folding the subgroup's
> findings into draft slides for ICANN62.
>
> Please do let me know if I can be of any help to you in progressing
> the subgroup's report -
>
> Best, Lisa
>

> At 09:35 PM 5/24/2018, Lisa Phifer wrote:
>> Volker, Susan -
>>
>> As requested, attached please find an updated draft of this
>> subgroup's report which includes the common interface agreements
>> reached at the F2F meeting.
>>
>> In addition, I have copied relevant text from the problem/issue
>> section into the recommendations section (worded as may be
>> appropriate for a recommendation). The subgroup should review/refine
>> and then agree upon that recommendation - in particular, see
>> highlighted placeholders that need to be fleshed out.
>>
>> Best, Lisa

>>> --
>>> Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.
>>>
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>>>
>>> Volker A. Greimann
>>> - Rechtsabteilung -
>>>
>>> Key-Systems GmbH
>>> Im Oberen Werk 1
>>> 66386 St. Ingbert
>>> Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
>>> Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851

>>> www.RRPproxy.net <http://www.RRPproxy.net>
>>> www.domaindiscount24.com <http://www.domaindiscount24.com>  /
>>>
>>> www.BrandShelter.com <http://www.BrandShelter.com>
>>>
>>> Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:
>>> <http://www.facebook.com/KeySystems>www.facebook.com/KeySystems
>>> <http://www.facebook.com/KeySystems>
>>>
>>> www.twitter.com/key_systems <http://www.twitter.com/key_systems>
>>>
>>> Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin
>>> Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
>>> Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534
>>>
>>> Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
>>> www.keydrive.lu <http://www.keydrive.lu>
>>>
>>> Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen
>>> Empfänger bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder
>>> Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist unzulässig. Sollte diese
>>> Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns
>>> per E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.

>>> Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact
>>> us.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Volker A. Greimann
>>> - legal department -