[RDS-WHOIS2-Outreach] Outreach review - Homework and Subgroup Meeting

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Mar 23 04:21:31 UTC 2018

Dear Carlton and Erika,

It is time to get to work on the Outreach Subgroup.

The documents we have to review are:

- Registrant Rights & responsibilities:
http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/registrant-rights-responsibilities-en.htm
(Required by RAA 3.16)

- Registrant Benefits and Responsibilities:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/benefits-2013-09-16-en and
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en
Section 9 (required by RAA 3.7.10, 3.12.7)

- https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registrars-0d-2012-02-25-en

- https://whois.icann.org/en

We need to review them for completeness and consistency.

I think that if we all do our work independently, one teleconference
should be enough to compare notes and come up with some findings.

With this message, I am asking staff to send out a Doodle to schedule
a meeting for Thursday 29 March, Monday 02 April or Tuesday 03 April.
90 minutes, although I hope it will take under an hour.

We will still have to review the written briefing when it comes in,
and look at what outreach has been done to non-ICANN audiences. I
have already asked for details of what has been done, but the written
briefing may address this as well.

Alan