[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] OK NEEDED - Plenary call #5

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Thu Aug 17 12:48:19 UTC 2017

Dear RDS-WHOIS2-RT Interim Leaders,

See below a recap of decisions reached on today’s plenary call.

Decisions Reached:
On ToR

  *   Review Team adopts proposed decision-making methodology

In terms of action items, we have collected the following:

Action Items:
On leadership responsibilities

  *   Edit item #2 - use identify when speaking in individual capacity
On ToR

  *   On replacement and removal of members, leadership team to draft text for Review Team consideration
  *   On dependencies, ICANN org to identify all known groups for Review Team consideration
On scope

  *   Stephanie to suggest language on effectiveness component
  *   Leadership to suggest text that reflects OECD component
  *   ICANN org to help leadership produce draft text reflecting Review Team's discussion on law enforcement objective
  *   Review Team to send any other comments on scope to Review Team list
  *   Leadership to work with ICANN to ensure last column reflects status of discussion

Note: agenda item “implementation briefings” was not addressed on this call. Our presenter had to leave at the top of the hour, which didn’t give us a chance to go back to that item at the end of the call. Given that the presentation invites Review Team to submit preliminary questions on WHOIS1 implementation by August 31st, we would suggest recirculating the slides, asking for follow-up questions on the process in place and calling Review Team’s attention to the August deadline.

Please advise by 15:30 UTC today if you have any edits or any objections to the conclusions and approach suggested above. If none, we will circulate to the Review Team.

Many thanks

Best
Alice