[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] Reminder: Implementation Briefings

Jean-Baptiste Deroulez jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org
Thu Sep 7 11:19:26 UTC 2017

Dear Alan, Dear Cathrin, Dear Susan,

I hope you are doing well.

Can I please remind you to share the below email with the Review Team at your earliest convenience?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

From: <rds-whois2-rt-leadership_staff-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Jean-Baptiste Deroulez <jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM
To: "rds-whois2-rt-leadership_staff at icann.org" <rds-whois2-rt-leadership_staff at icann.org>
Subject: [RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] Reminder: Implementation Briefings

Dear All,

We have prepared a draft note for your consideration that seeks to remind the RT of the sequence of events pertaining to the implementation briefings and calls for questions on implementation reports[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_WHO_WHOIS-2BReview-2BImplementation-2BHome&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=a5VfrQZP4r0Kte2xBJT17IgRyRBHECC3vHSuFP_QBqD22G4dgkHhRZBEhshbjycD&m=DZVMlaZgZTE3rtPNUIb1d-D_xWWc4-VWq78el90LZg8&s=IIixxwN_acrN9yoBkNCFdE_ixULTngSeiuZDxOiQ2yI&e=> by the end of this week.

We are happy to send it on your behalf if that is your preference.

Jean-Baptiste

Dear Team,

This is to inform you that ICANN org will be providing you with a schedule of implementation briefings shortly.

We would like to take this opportunity to kindly remind you that we have a go-to person for any implementation related briefing and questions: Negar Farzinnia. Negar manages all ICANN organization task forces that are compiling information for briefings and coordinates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure our questions are answered. As we start developing our draft recommendations, Negar will also be the member of the support team who will provide us with some guidance on how to build SMART recommendations (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound).

Briefings will involve SMEs who are responsible for implementation of various recommendations across different departments (GDD, OCTO, compliance, etc.). It is important, as a result, that we be prepared. We invite you to read the process below which will help ICANN organization and SMEs shape briefings in the most relevant and helpful way for us:

  1.  Thoroughly read documentation and implementation reports available on our background materials page:https://community.icann.org/display/WHO/Background+Materials.)[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_WHO_Background-2BMaterials.-29&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=a5VfrQZP4r0Kte2xBJT17IgRyRBHECC3vHSuFP_QBqD22G4dgkHhRZBEhshbjycD&m=DZVMlaZgZTE3rtPNUIb1d-D_xWWc4-VWq78el90LZg8&s=Ib__soWd5vAzn9Z2gTduClGqoiGmN0qRuARX8fvB6K4&e=>
  2.  ICANN organization sends briefing materials in writing no later than 3-5 days prior to the presentation
  3.  Review Team reads materials and sends questions to the mailing-list prior to the presentation
  4.  SME delivers presentation and addresses questions
  5.  Review Team sends any follow-up questions/asks to mailing-list
  6.  Briefings coordinator advises on anticipated completion dates for follow-up questions/asks

Our initial deadline for questions on the WHOIS implementation report was August 31st. Please send any questions you may to have to the list by the end of this week so SMEs may prepare their materials and answers accordingly.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Alan, Cathrin, Susan