[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] My full review

Lisa Phifer lisa at corecom.com
Thu Aug 30 15:23:24 UTC 2018

All,

Based on a very quick scan of Alan's redlined changes (including
comments), and focusing largely on items not marked "next version,"
here are my thoughts:

AG6 - I think it is too late to alter the text of the draft
recommendation and retain consensus status, unless the change is of
enough importance to hold off publication to allow for reconfirmation
of consensus.

AG16 - Links do render in PDFs generated in Word, and are also
repeated in full text in the bibliography. This can be a matter of
personal preference for readers and the authors of each section.

AG17 - The RDS PDP WG did in fact start meeting in 2016!

AG19 - Substantive deletion that may be contentious to some? Is it
imperative to delete now?

AG23 - I think Lili is saying that if a registrar is routinely
failing to conduct validation and verification, then examining other
records for the same registrar will likely show this to be a pattern.

3.10.6 - Sentence deleted from possible impacts is arguably
substantive, is it imperative now?

Also, note that a few sections do not yet include impact of GDPR, per
the agreement made at the F2F3 that's was an option for rapporteurs
to include in the draft.

All other items not marked as "next version" seem to me (at least at
first look) to be copy edits and easily addressed now, although we
will have to provide that redline to the review team as FYI.

Best, Lisa