[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Replacement and Removal of Members

Erika Mann erika at erikamann.com
Sun Aug 27 11:36:09 UTC 2017

Thank you Alan!

Two recommendations (see in yellow below) , but I'm supporting the current
text as well if most members are okay with your text.

Kind regards,
Erika

If a Review Team member is no longer able or willing to serve, or if an
SO/AC withdraws its endorsement of the member, the SO/AC making the
original endorsement will be requested to refill the position with a new
(delete = replacement) member. The SO/AC will make the selection according
to their own processes and will not be bound to consider only those
candidates who originally applied requesting their endorsement.

If a Review Team member is sufficiently inactive or disruptive as to cause
(delete = at leas) (50%) 70% of Review Team members (excluding the member
in question) to request their removal, the member will be asked to resign.
If the member fails to resign, the SO/AC that endorsed the member will be
requested to withdraw their endorsement and replace the member. Should the
SO/AC not take action, the member can be removed by a 2/3 majority vote of
the remaining Review Team members. In all cases, the balloting will be
carried out in such a way as to not reveal how individual members voted.