[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Replacement and Removal of Members

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 16:44:07 UTC 2017

I made a few emendations.  See them inline.

One is the matter of appointment, isn't it the Board that appoints the RT
member? If my understanding is correct, then some changes I propose shall
apply. If not, then strike them.

-Carlton

==============================
*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799 <(876)%20818-1799>Strategy, Planning, Governance,
Assessment & Turnaround*
=============================

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> I was asked to propose wording for the section of the Terms of Reference
> on Replacement and Removal of Members
>
> I would like to propose the following wording for the consideration of the
> RT.
>
> Alan
>
> =======
>
> If a Review Team member is no longer able or willing to serve, or if an
> SO/AC withdraws its endorsement of the member, the SO/AC making the
> original endorsement will be requested to
> ​make a new endorsement for
> the position
> .​
> . The SO/AC will make the selection according to their own
> ​rules and ​
> processes and
> ​shall
>  not be bound to consider only those candidates who originally applied
> ​and ​
> request
> ​ed
>  their endorsement.
>
> If a Review Team member is
> ​deemed by the evidence
>> sufficiently inactive or disruptive as to cause at least
> ​2/3rd
>  of Review Team members (excluding the member in question) to request
> their removal, the member will be asked to
> ​withdraw
> . If the member fails to
> ​withdraw
> , the SO/AC that endorsed the member will be requested to withdraw their
> endorsement
> ​ and request the member resign.
>  Should the SO/AC not take action, the member can be
> ​excluded from the Review Team
>  by a 2/3
> ​rd​
> majority vote of the remaining Review Team members. In all cases, the
> balloting will be carried out in such a way as to not reveal how individual
> members voted.

<#m_3736834205678926124_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>