[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Replacement and Removal of Members

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 28 17:33:58 UTC 2017

I will leave the discussion of removal until the
meeting, since this seems to be an issue of
general dispute in a variety of ways.

On reappointing, under the previous rules in the
AoC, it was the CEO and Chair of the GAC who made
the original selections (from among those
endorsed by the AC/SOs and applicants as experts.
The AoC was silent on replacements But if a
replacement was needed, it was done by the AC/SO
that originally had endorsed the person that is
leaving. Under the new Bylaws, it is the Chairs
of the AC?SO that make the selections and I am
proposing that we do not change the method of replacement.

There is no precedent from the SSR, the only
other review being conducted after the Bylaws,
since the ToR is MUCH expanded from the version
that they used. As such, it is up to us to make a
recommendation and the Board can accept or reject
it. I support a minimalist approach.

Alan