[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] (no subject)

Cathrin.BAUER-BULST at ec.europa.eu Cathrin.BAUER-BULST at ec.europa.eu
Fri Dec 8 10:13:02 UTC 2017

Here is the proposed ECO data flows model.

Von: Lars Steffen <lars.steffen at eco.de<mailto:lars.steffen at eco.de>>
Betreff: Register now for 11 Dec 2017, Bruxelles ??? GDPR Domain Industry Playbook ??? Public Consultation
Datum: 24. November 2017 um 10:49:49 MEZ
An: "domains at lists.eco.de<mailto:domains at lists.eco.de>" <domains at lists.eco.de<mailto:domains at lists.eco.de>>

Register now!

GDPR Domain Industry Playbook - Public Consultation
Date: December 11, 2017, 10.00 - 17.00 Brussels time (9.00 - 16.00 UTC)
Venue: Representation of Lower Saxony to the European Union, Rue Montoyer 61, B-1000 Bruxelles
Remote participation will be offered upon request. Please send an email to: lars.steffen at eco.de<mailto:lars.steffen at eco.de>

Registration: https://web.eco.de/event/gdpr-domain-industry-playbook-public-consultation/

Eco Association of the Internet Industry invites interested parties to a public consultation on the GDPR Domain Industry Playbook.

Dear all,

As announced at ICANN60 in Abu Dhabi, eco has commissioned Fieldfisher (Germany) LLP, Hamburg, and Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Bonn, to work on a data model for the domain industry for generic domain names. The paper is currently being written based on consultations with contracted parties, legal assessments, policy work conducted by the ICANN community and the use case matrix published by ICANN based on a public consultation (see https://www.icann.org/news/blog/data-protection-and-privacy-progress-update-and-next-steps).

The proposed data model takes a holistic view at all data elements that contracted parties, i.e. registries and registrars are required to process based on ICANN???s contracts and policies. Further, it covers what data may be collected, transferred or otherwise processed and how data can be disclosed to requesting parties. Thus, it does not only speak to the ???Whois??? issue, but to data processing as such.

eco plans to publish the paper for review approximately 5 days before the consultation takes place.

The paper will be presented by Attorneys at Law Oliver S??me and Thomas Rickert and then the participants will be invited to comment and discuss the proposal.

Subsequently, the paper shall be finalized based on the comment received and it shall serve as a proposal to be presented to ICANN so that contracted parties implementing the model will not be sanctioned by ICANN for noncompliance with the existing contracts, seehttps://www.icann.org/resources/pages/contractual-compliance-statement-2017-11-02-en.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Brussels!

Kind regards,

Thomas & Lars