[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] ICANN Proposal to adjust scope of RDS-WHOIS2-RT

SUN Lili L.SUN at interpol.int
Fri May 18 02:38:00 UTC 2018

Dear Alan, Volker and other team members,

I strongly suggest to stick to the current workplan. As we all volunteered our time and efforts to this review team, the consensus based workplan may be the only way to coordinate our commitments, and we should show respect to our consensus at least.  Furthermore, personally speaking, it is difficult or even not feasible for me to fulfil my commitment into an open-ended workplan or an ever-changing scope. Given the dynamic nature of the WHOIS policy development, I don't think there will be a perfect time for the review team to cut into the stop.

As to the urgency of our report, I really don't have the expectation that our report could have a dominant impact on WHOIS policy development, especially considering how the multi-stakeholder model works. But our report will definitely provide an input to the community from Review Team perspective. In this context, it will never be too early.

Last point, I don't have enough knowledge and experience to judge the ICANN's proposal to adjust the scope of RDS-WHOIS2-RT. My understanding and stand point is that the RT is independent and formed according to Bylaws, unless the Review Team is formally informed by ICANN Org that the RT should adjust the scope with justifications, the RT doesn't necessarily to be involved in the process.

Thank you!
Lili