[RDS-WHOIS2-Safeguard] Request from Safeguard SG

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 6 19:57:21 UTC 2018

Hi Alice and Jean-Baptiste,

As per our discussion in the Leadership meeting today, The SafeGuard
subgroup is requesting that ICANN Org provide us with the contract
signed with escrow providers so that we may understand what
processes, constraints or rules escrow providers are subject to
regarding safeguarding data while under their custody and in relation
to any data breaches that may be discovered.

If the contracts are all substantially identical, then the standard
boiler-plate contract will be sufficient. If the contracts are
significantly tailored, the we request copies of the actual contracts
for Iron Mountain and one other provider. If that requires a
non-disclosure agreement, we are willing to sign one.

If this request is still not sufficiently clear, since time is
running out, perhaps you can put me directly in touch with the
appropriate people within ICANN Org to more fully refine it.

Alan