[Register-URI] urn:lex registration

ENRICO FRANCESCONI enrico.francesconi at cnr.it
Fri Feb 2 09:58:21 UTC 2024

Dear Eliot, Peter, Murray,
   we have received the following notification
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-spinosa-urn-lex/
which seems good news to us!

On our side, we made progress about the availability of the lex-nameserver responsible for the resolution of the "lex" namespace. Our colleagues of the IIT-CNR (Institute of Informatics and Telematics of the CNR, https://www.iit.cnr.it/en/) is going to make available such service with requirements of continuity and security. Please consider that IIT-CNR is responsible for the management of the domain names under .it and .eu
On the other hand, IGSG-CNR (Institute of Legal Informatics and Judicial Systems of the CNR, https://www.igsg.cnr.it/en ) will be responsible for the administrative part. A memorandum of understanding between IGSG and IIT will be prepared, pointing out the levels of governance.
We will keep you posted about any progress, in the meantime please let us know if we have to do anything else.
In particular, shall we do anything in preparation of the telechat on February 15th? If I well understood this is not a chat we have to take part of.

Thanks!
Best
   Pierluigi and Enrico

---
Enrico Francesconi
Research Director
IGSG - CNR    [ex ITTIG - CNR]
Institute of Legal Informatics and Judicial Systems
National Research Council of Italy

Via de' Barucci 20
50127 Florence
Italy