[Register-URI] Adding a NAPTR record to the uri.arpa domain

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sat Jan 6 15:22:44 UTC 2024

On 1/6/24 3:05 AM, ENRICO FRANCESCONI wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>     thanks for your feedback and for notifying us that "lex" namespace
> is already in the "urn.arpa" domain.

Perhaps my message was not clear. The `lex` URN NID is registered in the
IANA registry for URN namespaces, but it still needs to be added to the
urn.arpa domain. We can discuss that on the register-urn list, not here.

> As for the "uri.arpa" domain, actually it was a mistake of mine: my
> request would have been for the "urn.uri.arpa" domain,

I think you meant urn.arpa. I don't know what urn.uri.arpa is.

> as requested by
> Amanda Baber (IANA Operations Manager) (see below).
>
> This need is also reported in the "lex" draft at Section 12
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spinosa-urn-lex/
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spinosa-urn-lex/>
>
> If I well understood, the update of the NAPTR records is to be reflected
> in the draft at Section 12 too (according to Eliot's request). If this
> is the case, we will update the draft accordingly and upload a new
> version soon.

Great, thanks.

Peter