[rssac-caucus] Tweaks to RSSAC-002

John Bond john.bond at icann.org
Wed Aug 31 13:26:16 UTC 2016

Hi Shane,

On 31/08/2016 10:42, Shane Kerr wrote:

> Yes, but it explicitly doesn't say that it should be done every day.
> I'm not sure why L is behind - it could be a policy, could be an
> accident of the design, or it could be a bug. In any case, it means
> that any comparisons within the 1-6 day time frame will be a bit skewed
> since L is not in there (a pity since L is quite a busy server).

The one week delay is intentional.  We have roughly 150 nodes, some of
which may occasionally have issues connecting to our centralized storage
and processing server, even though they are able to server DNS in there
local area without interruption.  This delay accounts for any temporary
connectivity issue between the edge nodes and our central processing
server as well as any scheduled maintenance that may delay transmission
of the raw data from the edge nodes.

We are constantly looking at ways to decrease the delay, however we need
to balance the requirement for timely vs accurate data.

Thanks John