[rssac-caucus] Tweaks to RSSAC-002

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Wed Aug 31 14:04:37 UTC 2016

Shane Kerr <shane at time-travellers.org> writes:

> I was reading this one:
>
> https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rssac-002-measurements-root-20nov14-en.pdf
>
> That's the one that DuckDuckGo returns, the one that Google returns,
> and the one that ICANN's web site returns when you search for "rssac
> 002".

And the inventor of Yahoo's original directory-based structure is
somewhere trumpeting his horn, as is the inventor of wikipedia where you
would always have the correct link rather than "the most popular" which
does not always equate to "the most recent".

> Where is the repository for RSSAC documents?

ICANN documents as a whole can be challenging to find, to the
multiple-versions and archived nature combined with their web
infrastructure, which is a typical CMS engine as far as I can tell.  The
results are searches that don't always point to the most recent
document.

Instead, I'd suggest searching for "RSSAC publications" which turns up
the much more useful and should always be up to date publication list
based on release dates:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/rssac-publications-2014-05-12-en

[Note: I have no role over the ICANN pages and the publication process]
--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI