[rssac-caucus] FOR REVIEW: Technical Analysis of the Naming Scheme used for Individual Root Servers

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Wed Oct 26 19:27:17 UTC 2016

It feels weird to be the first one to comment here; I hope folks in the RSSAC Caucus who were not on this work party are reading the document and will comment soon.

Having said that, an issue has been raised about the use of "MTU" in this document. MTU is a term of art for layer 2 and layer 3, but we are using it here to mean something like "maximum UDP message size I can receive". It is used twice in the body of the document:
 - Page 12, second bullet
 - Page 18, first bullet of Section 7.3
It's also used in the tables at the back. I propose changing the use on page 12 and page 18 to "maximum UDP message size", but don't know what to put in the tables that won't get too long.

Thoughts?

--Paul Hoffman