[rssac-caucus] Tweaks to RSSAC-002

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Fri Sep 2 03:40:06 UTC 2016

John,

At 2016-09-01 09:53:14 +0000
John Bond <john.bond at icann.org> wrote:

> On 01/09/2016 04:17, Shane Kerr wrote:
> > Does it make sense to document the delay in RSSAC-002? Well, not the
> > entire explanation, but rather something like "Data is usually
> > published within 7 days."
>
> Speaking for my self i don't think that the RSSAC document should
> contain statements from specific operators.  perhaps a more generic
> statement like
>
>  'operators may delay publication of data by up to x days'
> or
>   'Operators are required to publish data within x days'

Oh, I totally agree. I didn't mean that the document should be about L
or any other root specifically. :)

I am also sensitive that the root operators don't work for ICANN
(well, except for L), so the board can't really dictate to them. As
such, RSSAC recommendations to the board probably can't say anything
like "required".

Perhaps we can do something based on your suggestion, like:

    For normal publication, operators may delay publication of data by
    up to 7 days. Occasionally publication may be delayed more than 7
    days.

I hope this says something like "normally you should get stuff in a
week, but shit happens". :)

Cheers,

--
Shane