[rssac-caucus] FOR REVIEW: Elements of Potential Root Operators

Alejandro Acosta alejandro at lacnic.net
Wed Sep 7 04:09:28 UTC 2016

Hello,
  I just have a very small comment and I'm curious about something:

1)  In:

  3.6.2 Sample “x.root-servers.org” Web Page
The candidate operator SHOULD demonstrate their ability to maintain a
<LETTER>.root-servers.org web page by providing a mock-up in HTML.

  I think it's a good idea to add one more sentence with something like:
".... "  "<LETTER>.root-servers.org or whatever other naming
architecture appears.

  My rationale is that in the future there is chance of root-servers.org
to change, right?

2) Is it fair to ask the operator to keep up to date their software and
be willing to adapt to new changes?.  I think it's not mention in the
document (sorry if it's and I missed it).  For example something like
this might happen: suppose the operator have an OS that does not support
IDN?, or firewalls that refuses EDNS or AAAAs?

Regards,

Alejandro,