[rssac-caucus] FOR REVIEW: Elements of Potential Root Operators

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Mon Sep 12 05:09:18 UTC 2016

Hi Russ,

> On 12 Sep 2016, at 2:44 PM, Russ Mundy <mundy at tislabs.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Terry, Duane (& others following this thread)
>
> I’ve followed the discussion about the RIR, RPKI & ROA and find the text that Terry’s comfortable with to be rather confusing since I really don’t have any idea what the phrase “maintain a watching brief on the use of …” is trying to get at?

In which case I'm also comfortable to omit the sentence completely.

Therefore the text would be:

'The candidate operator’s address space SHOULD be registered in one of the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) public databases. The candidate SHOULD have entries in relevant public routing registries."

> Terry, it sounds from your earlier posts that you don’t think that use of ROAs & RPKI should be a SHOULD/RECOMMENDED but I don’t think your current suggestion says that.  Would you clarify what you intended with the wording?

As above.

Cheers
Terry