[rssac-caucus] Third round review on "Technical Analysis of the Naming Scheme Used For Individual Root Servers"

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Fri May 5 17:24:25 UTC 2017

Greetings, and thanks for the comments so far. I have incorporated as many as I could given the current scope of the document. The current edition is at:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17eGSbMMo6GbyG8gE4l1uK1LW8Q1iCIouN4PATcVcRr8/edit

There are still some outstanding comments, and we need to clear these before we send this back to RSSAC. Please review:

- Definition of "node re-delegation attack" in section 2. I have suggested text that gives more space for the possibility that the attacks, while possible, might not be feasible. Terry also suggests adding an actual reference.

- The first drawback bullet in 5.6 mistakes configuration information for priming with the first responses. I have suggested alternative text.

- In Section 6, Duane points out that "dependency" is too strong, and I propose removing the sentence.

- Terry and Duane have a suggested replacement for Recommendation 3 in Section 7.2

Please check all of these carefully and make tracked changes or comments in the document, plus let the list know. We would like this finished by Wednesday May 10 in order to work with RSSAC's schedule.

--Paul Hoffman