[rssac-caucus] [Ext] Second round review on "Technical Analysis of the Naming Scheme Used For Individual Root Servers"

Davey Song songlinjian at gmail.com
Mon May 8 02:24:43 UTC 2017

The addtional round-trip delay was mentioned 3 times and is listed as a
concerns in table of section 6. My argument is that it is not a big
concern, because the priming query is rare and the delay is
trivial compared to the concern of fragmentation or other complexity. I
think people go too far to avoid multiple queries and struggle with packet
size limitation.

An additional recommandation on this may be not necessary,  but we can
leave a note somewhere to lower the concern on addtional round-trip delay
by multiple queries after priming, if my suggestion is accepted.

Davey