[rssac-caucus] Moving "Recommendations on Anonymization Processes for Source IP Addresses Submitted for Future Analysis" to RSSAC

Andrew Mcconachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Wed Apr 18 09:33:54 UTC 2018

On Apr 17, 2018, at 17:35, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at icann.org> wrote:

> Greetings again. We have completed this work item for RSSAC (although they might later ask us to revise it or work on a related topic).
>
> Andrew: Can you please format the document as needed and forward this to RSSAC? Please add a note that says we know that the original request was for the Caucus to pick a preferred method, but we explicitly did not because there was no consensus about which would be preferred for all RSOs, and we discussed the reasoning for this in the document.

Dear RSSAC Caucus Members,

The document has been forwarded to the RSSAC with the following note:

"The work party has completed their work and is now forwarding their work product to the RSSAC for review and eventual approval. The work party would like to note that while the original statement of work included a request to determine a preferred method of anonymization, the work party explicitly did not pick one because there was no consensus among the RSOs. Additional reasoning for this decision is included in the attached document.”

Thanks,
Andrew