[rssac-caucus] Best Practices for the Distribution of Anycast Instances of the Root Name Service WP Conclusion

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Tue Feb 6 01:29:08 UTC 2018

Thanks Kaveh and Work Party members,

This is personal opinion, all hats off.

I have some concerns about "Recommendation 3: RSOs should consider the value of certifying their resources through the RPKI, as a potential way to assure route origin authenticity in the future"

I believe it is premature for the RSSAC to recommend that the RSOs consider the future use of RPKI. I think the RSSAC caucus itself should first consider if the RPKI is at a maturity level for use by root server operators in so much as evaluating the standards maturity, operational processes and resiliency of RPKI operators, diversity of RPKI repositories, and diversity of certification organisations in so far as having all resources of all root server operators vested with (currently) 3 RIR organisations.

Thanks
Terry