[rssac-caucus] Posting of RSSAC037 and RSSAC038

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Wed Jul 18 20:20:58 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

Thanks for catching me in the hallway at the IETF and chatting about this.
In particular you previously asked:

> While digesting these, my first question is: what is the role of RSSAC
Caucus for these documents? My reading of RSSAC038 is that RSSAC is taking
this straight to the Board, not asking for community review yet.

And you bring up a good point, that we didn't describe the caucus'
participation in the process very clearly.  Others may be able to answer
this better than I (and I encourage them to do so), but my belief is that
the board will be considering what will happen next with the model and the
likely result is some sort of community driven effort to refine the model
and take it further toward implementation.  Exactly what that will look
like, I'm not sure.  However, I'm very certain that all of us would like
caucus members to be engaged with that future work body.  There is no
direct caucus work item about it at this time, however, but we would
certainly love any caucus member's thoughts an opinions on the model in
rssac037.

Cheers,
Wes