[rssac-caucus] Level of detail in the RSSAC meeting minutes

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Tue Feb 5 16:15:18 UTC 2019

Greetings again. The minutes from the January RSSAC meeting, like the minutes for the past few years, give very little information about what was said at the meeting. A few examples from the January meeting:

==========

Co-Chairs
Brad Verd gave an update from the Co-Chairs on: (a) Meeting with Goran Marby, (b) RSSAC037/038 Response Team, (c) Organizational Review Update, (d) IANA Functions Review, (e) FY20 Additional Budget Request Process, and (f) ICANN Public Comment opportunities.

ICANN Board
Kaveh Ranjbar gave an update from the ICANN Board.

CSC
Lars-Johan Liman gave an update from the CSC.

IANA Functions Operator
Naela Sarras gave an update from the IANA Functions Operator.

Root Zone Maintainer
Duane Wessels gave an update from the Root Zone Maintainer.

Those are all updates that have information that might be useful to the Caucus, if we knew what was said. (They might not be, of course, but we don't know that either....)

Is it appropriate here to ask that, going forward, the minutes of the RSSAC meetings have more detail about what is being discussed, particularly for the updates from the outside?

--Paul Hoffman