[rssac-caucus] Service Coverage WP: last attempt: call for WP leader.

Lars-Johan Liman liman at netnod.se
Wed Mar 20 15:05:23 UTC 2019

Abdulkarim,

Thanks for responding!

All,

Please don't underestimate yourselves. I don't think there is need for
direct experience with running a root.

Being a WP leader is more about keeping track of the work that the WP is
supposed to do. Call for ideas. Make sure a document template is set up.
Create a process with a timeline. Set goals. Follow up on deadlines.
Looking for unanswered questions and make sure they get answered (or at
least are reported as unanswered). Being a carrot and a stick for the
WP members. That sort of thing.

No member of the WP is expected to know all details of the field, but
the hope is that the combined knowledge and experience will lead to a
useful document. In this specific case we are more looking for
experience from the _user_ (as in "resolver operators") side of things,
as those of us who operate root servers mostly get to see the server
side of things. What are the factors that influence the quality of the
service as received by the resolver ops, and how can that be expressed
in technical terms? If the collective "we" have an understanding of
that, the root server operators can probably reach out from the server
side to improve things if/where improvement is needed, and there could
possibly be one or two things that resolver operators can do to improve
things on their side.

				Cheers,
				  /Liman

oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng: