[rssac-caucus] Service Coverage WP: last attempt: call for WP leader.

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Wed Mar 20 01:12:30 UTC 2019

Hello,
I really feel guilty not putting myself forward after reading this thread.
A small part (like 20%) of me is saying why not give it a go and the while
the other part is saying you need to learn more within the community first
before taking up such a huge role that requires a lot of experience after
reading the statement of work several times. I have never worked directly
on a root server and not as experienced as a lot of you. I wish I am.
I have to be open here, I  am not fully putting myself forward but am
willing to take up the role maybe as deputy leader and do as much as I can
if I get someone with more experience who is willing to mentor me.
Thanks

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:16 AM Alejandro Acosta <alejandro at lacnic.net>
wrote:

> Hello Fred,
>
>   First, thanks for your answer.
>
>   Second, I fully understand your comments and I feel some concern
> between the lines. I could not agree more.
>
>   I will be brave and say something as a member of the RSSAC Caucus
> Membership committee. As you know every candidate to the Caucus has to
> make/send a SOI. If we check those SOIs all of them contain at least one
> of the following words (not poiting anybody):
>
> - Collaboratively
>
> - Willing to spend time/hours on RSSAC tasks
>
> - Collaborate in person or email
>
> - Attend calls
>
> - Help RSSAC *
>
> - Etc, etc, many similar adjetives to the above
>

>  The previous words were taken from the following section that are in
> every SOI  [1]:
>
> • Motivation for membership in the Caucus
>
> • Indication of availability
>

>   One more time, if you (all of us) check the SOIs probably every person
> has the time and the willingness of helping.
>
>   I really don't understand why some people do not step in when
> something like this is needed. Should we (Caucus/Staff/Chairs) check
> some member's SOIs and contact that person directly?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Alejandro,
>

> [1]
> https://community.icann.org/display/RSI/RSSAC+Caucus+Statements+of+Interest
>
> PS.  As a final comment, sorry to talk in first person, I'm not stepping
> in because so far I'm in another WP, Nomcom liason and as I said RSSAC
> Caucus Membership committe.
>

> El 19/3/19 a las 11:58, Fred Baker escribió:
> > I think the point of Lars' email is that since the work party hasn't
> managed to find a leader, the work hasn't started. Given a leader, the
> statement of work can be changed accordingly. The RSSAC would indeed like
> the work done, but Lars is still looking for a leader.
> >
> > One of the issues that RSSAC has had with caucus involvement is the lack
> of a response or involvement in projects, which often means that the work
> is only done by one or two - or none.
> >
> > On Mar 19, 2019, at 1:19 AM, Alejandro Acosta <alejandro at lacnic.net>
> wrote:
> >> Hello Lars, nice to tell you hello,
> >>
> >> I was going to ask about some timeline of the project, I mean, starting
> date, due dates, final, etc when I noticed in your attached document it
> says:
> >>
> >> "Final draft submitted to the RSSAC no later than 2019-03-31.
> Submission prior to the
> >> deadline is welcome"
> >>
> >> Also the document is dated: 07 August, 2018
> >>
> >> Is all the above right?, have you restarted the dates?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Alejandro,

> as
> root
> work

> someone

*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), PhD (York), R.Eng,
A+*
*Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science, University of
Ilorin, Nigeria*
*Vice Chairman, Telecommunications  Development Advisory Group (TDAG),
**International
Telecommunication Union (ITU).*
*Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com>  OR
 aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*