[rssac-caucus] Service Coverage WP: last attempt: call for WP leader.

Alejandro Acosta alejandro at lacnic.net
Wed Mar 20 00:15:53 UTC 2019

Hello Fred,

  First, thanks for your answer.

  Second, I fully understand your comments and I feel some concern
between the lines. I could not agree more.

  I will be brave and say something as a member of the RSSAC Caucus
Membership committee. As you know every candidate to the Caucus has to
make/send a SOI. If we check those SOIs all of them contain at least one
of the following words (not poiting anybody):

- Collaboratively

- Willing to spend time/hours on RSSAC tasks

- Collaborate in person or email

- Attend calls

- Help RSSAC *

- Etc, etc, many similar adjetives to the above

 The previous words were taken from the following section that are in
every SOI  [1]:

• Motivation for membership in the Caucus

• Indication of availability

  One more time, if you (all of us) check the SOIs probably every person
has the time and the willingness of helping.

  I really don't understand why some people do not step in when
something like this is needed. Should we (Caucus/Staff/Chairs) check
some member's SOIs and contact that person directly?

Thanks,

Alejandro,

[1]
https://community.icann.org/display/RSI/RSSAC+Caucus+Statements+of+Interest

PS.  As a final comment, sorry to talk in first person, I'm not stepping
in because so far I'm in another WP, Nomcom liason and as I said RSSAC