[RZERC] RZERC presentation Public Meeting

Kaveh Ranjbar kaveh.ranjbar at board.icann.org
Mon Oct 30 08:05:23 UTC 2017

> On 30 Oct 2017, at 11:52, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:
>
> it is surely acceptable and I only now looked at the other ACs/SOs,
> which aren't fully consistent in their approaches.  Also, in our
> procedures document I did not find guidance, so maybe, no rush though,
> we want to think about having a more generic role address.

Hi,

In my opinion, we are a high level committee consisting of delegates from different constituencies. If people have formal input, the right channel is to find related constituency and channel the input through that, so the common wisdom of that group is applied to that input, before it gets to us. If it is informal, they can approach us individually. Having a publicly reachable email address is short cutting through a lot of process and can lead to ambiguous situations.

All the best,
Kaveh.