[social-media-wg] Thank you all for your support in SMWG ICANN68

Dave Kissoondoyal dave at igf-mu.org
Sun Jun 28 16:43:10 UTC 2020

Dear All,

I join Maureen and others in thanking and congratulating Shreedeep for
the leadership, the whole SMWG team for the coordinated efforts and
other members who have helped to attain success.

Congratulations to the winners of the Social Media Competition as well.

Good job and keep it up.

Kind regards

Dave Kissoondoyal

On 28/06/2020 04:12, Olivier Kouami wrote:
> Greetings all.
> Congratulations Shree for your fantastic leadership.
>
> Congratulations to the competition winners too : Sébastien, Satish and
> Sarah, the 3 ''S''.
> Kudo to everyone in this warm WG.
> Cheers !
> Olévié
>
> Le ven. 26 juin 2020 à 13:32, Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
> <mailto:mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>> a écrit :
>
>     Thanks for the vote of confidence  Shree and all those that
>     participated should be acknowledged and perhaps when we have time
>     we can look at what worked and what didnt so the next
>     leader manages the process with greater impact.
>     A few comments for seeding the conversation
>
>     -Sign up sheet(Evin)
>     This form was easy to complete
>     Lots of gaps in spreadsheet
>     Some names signed up but no evidence of any reporting
>
>     -Fellows
>     Not sure who reached out to them
>
>     SMEG  Membership
>     -A long list of membership and the potential fellows who are
>     actively pursuing a ICANN fellowship   vs  actual participation
>     analysis
>
>     General comments
>     Do we have any stats on social media comparing this event vs
>     others by us?
>     Little activity on the Atlarge Skype comments during the week
>     How active were non SMWG  Twitter members during the week in
>     comparison?
>
>     Perhaps this will stimulate a discussion and come up with
>     recommendations for the next Virtual meeting.  I have asked for a
>     NARALO volunteer at the NARALO monthly meetings to replace John
>     but no luck yet.  I mentioned it again to Eduardo yesterday.
>

>     Glenn McKnight
>     ICANN NOMCOM 2019-2021
>     mcknight.glenn at gmail.com <mailto:mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
>     Curator for  Internet Governance Hub Blog
>     www.internetgovernancehub.blog <http://www.internetgovernancehub.blog>
>     http://toronto.ieee.ca/
>     IEEE Toronto SIGHT Chair
>     glenn.mcknight at ieee.org <mailto:glenn.mcknight at ieee.org>
>     skype  gmcknight
>     twitter @Inkmedia
>     289-830 6259
>     .
>

>     On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 1:58 AM Shreedeep Rayamajhi
>     <weaker41 at gmail.com <mailto:weaker41 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Namaste and Thank you all for your contribution and
>         collaboration in social media.
>
>         Within this short period, we were able to do so many new
>         things in the social media working group from Promotional
>         videos to photo cards to facebook frame to webinar to
>         communication with the ALSes representative to running the
>         social media competition. This ICANN Meeting we have focused
>         more on communication and further collaboration with different
>         groups.I hope this would continues.
>
>         I know the enagegment was less and  we have to accept that
>         COVID19 has seriously impacted the enthusiasm and we will
> [...]

Thanks and best regards

*Dave Kissoondoyal, **MBA, ACMI*

President

*Internet Governance Forum Mauritius*

www.igf-mu.org <http://www.igf-mu.org/>

1st Floor, NG Tower, Wall Street, Ebene, Mauritius

Phone: +230 5291 4022  Fax : +230 677 8059    Mobile : +230 5257 8703

Email dave at igf-mu.org <mailto:dave at igf-mu.org> | Personal Page
<http://www.kissoondoyal.com> |http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauritius |https://www.facebook.com/InternetGovernanceForum/

The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments hereto, is confidential information intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
communication in error, please contact the sender at the information
provided and return any and all copies of this communication to the sender