[technology taskforce] TTF proposal to ICANN for FY17 - Fixing the bugs in ICANN’s machine translation tool used for the LACRALO mailing lists

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Fri Jan 22 17:23:10 UTC 2016

Hi Seun, thanks for the question.

It is very straightforward to implement for other regions like AFRALO for
any two language lists. I'll suggest that AFRALO through the FBSC express
support for the proposal so that the tool can be used in AFRALO. Because
the existing new code is not ready for use (currently HTML mail works, but
plain text email doesn't)

Once the bugs have been fixed, I've even proposed an alternative approach
that would scale for multiple language groups in regions.
See page 11 of the TTF abridged presentation done at ICANN53 on the
https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/discussion-of-LACRALO-mailing-list-issues
wiki page. But, (sigh) all things in time.

Dev Anand