[technology taskforce] Zoom begins offering automated transcription of conference calls

Sarah Kiden skiden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:56:10 UTC 2018

Thank you for sharing this, Dev.

Internet Society has been using this tool for about a year or so,
especially for the weekly conference calls during online training in
network operations, advanced network services, etc. From my interaction, I
found it a good tool.

I agree with the team that we should test it. I used it with classes of
about 35 people.

Thanks,

Sarah

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 16:26 Dev Anand Teelucksingh <admin at ttcsweb.org>
wrote:

> http://searchunifiedcommunications.techtarget.com/news/252434640/Automated-transcription-could-become-integral-to-web-conferencing
>
> “Starting in late January, Zoom's business, enterprise and education
> customers have been able to turn on automated transcription of meetings and
> webinars through the platform's cloud recording tool. The transcripts
> indicate who was speaking and include time stamps synced with the audio and
> video recordings; they are also searchable.”

Sent from Gmail Mobile