Time Zone App Beta
andre-tascha.lamme at ironriver.com
Wed May 17 22:17:38 UTC 2000
A few days away from completing a Windows (32bit) app and accompanying ActiveX control for time zone stuff
Need some testers to trash it for me. Please send me an email (andre-tascha.lamme at ironriver.com) if interested. (Let me know if you want the control or the app)
Basic specs on the app/ActiveX:
- Have approximately 28,000 locations (cities, etc.)
- Each location is based on a Region (e.g. Asia), Country (ISO3166-1) and a Country's regional info (ISO3166-2) if applicable. Each location has GMTOffset and standard DST info (if observes, the dates and amounts of offset).
- In the app, one can browse or search through locations and add them to actives (i.e. for display).
- Can add new locations (still debating whether or not I want to deal with allowing folks to send me their additions).
- Can add people identifiers and assign them to existing locations. (Allows you to see what time it is where "Aunt Mathilda" is, rather than just generic "Providence, Rhode Island").
- Can set alarms/reminders to go off as of the specified time for a target location (i.e. Aunt Mathilda wants you to call her at 15:00 her time)
- Any other suggestions?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tz