Summer Time Directive implementation delay

Joseph S. Myers jsm28 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 2 19:28:55 UTC 2002

AFAICT, the latest Summer Time Directive (Directive 2000/84/EC of the
European Parliament and of the Council of 19 January 2001 on summer-time
arrangements) has not yet been implemented in the UK, although the
required date (

   Article 7
   Member States shall bring into force the laws, regulations and
   administrative provisions necessary to comply with this Directive by
   31 December 2001 at the latest. They shall forthwith inform the
   Commission thereof.

) has now passed.  During the past year, responsibility for Summer Time
has moved from the Home Office (where it was for 80 years) to DTI
Employment Relations; I have not managed to get information from them
about their plans for implementation of the Directive.  Their web page

http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/europe/directives.htm

shows it as unimplemented and I have seen nothing relevant in the
Stationery Office Daily Lists.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam.ac.uk