America/Moncton (2007)

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Jun 27 05:25:23 UTC 2006

"Chris Walton" <Chris.Walton at telus.com> writes:

> We need to update the Olson Database such that America/Moncton uses the
> "Canada" rule instead of the "Moncton" rule from 2007 onwards.
> [[http://www.gnb.ca/0062/acts/BBA-2006/Chap-19.pdf]]

Thanks for this reference, and you're quite right.

I'll submit this as part of my next proposed patch.  I don't view this
change as urgent, since it doesn't take effect until March of next
year.  The change itself should be quite simple, as you suggest:

-                       -4:00   Moncton A%sT
+                       -4:00   Moncton A%sT    2007
+                       -4:00   Canada  A%sT

plus garbage-collect the two "Moncton 2007" rules.

And just today I wrote Robbin Kawabata that I didn't know of any
further changes needed for Canada next year!  It just goes to show
that one cannot predict Canadian politicians....