Suggestions about separation and ISO code

Jonas Melian jonas.esp at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:16:54 UTC 2006

What is ISO 3166?
It contains a two-letter code which is recommended as the general
purpose code, _a three-letter code which has better mnenomic
properties_ and a numeric-3 code which can be useful if script
independence of the codes is important.
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/04background-on-iso-3166/what-is-iso3166.html#iso3166p3

You can see the three-letter code of some countries here:
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/03updates-on-iso-3166/index.html