Default time zone for a location (previously Europe/London)

Srdjan Krajnalic ludiskr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 20:12:54 UTC 2006

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the clarification.

Here is a related question/suggestion:

For example, when blindly processing

Rule    Ghana   1936    1942    -       Sep      1      0:00    0:20    GHST
Rule    Ghana   1936    1942    -       Dec     31      0:00    0       GMT
# Zone  NAME            GMTOFF  RULES   FORMAT  [UNTIL]
Zone    Africa/Accra    -0:00:52 -      LMT     1918
                         0:00   Ghana   %s

One is to apply LMT until 1918, then apply standard time zone offset until
the first rule. However, one does not know what time zone name to apply for
the given location, the best one can do is use GMT+/- based on the offset.

Is it possible for you to easily add the default time zone name to the
zone.tab file (provided zic does not display GMT offset)? Ff there is a way
to an elegant solution please let me know :-)

Thank you in advance,

Srdjan