Running tzcode under Windows / C++ .NET

Gerber, Oliver Oliver.Gerber at viasyshc.com
Tue Nov 25 16:44:34 UTC 2008

Hello all,

we are using the TZ database on an embedded device. As the system has no
standard operating system (only a small proprietary MicroKernel) and is
not very powerful, we cannot use the TZ data "as is" on the device.
Instead of this, we create text files from the TZ data for the countries
and the time range we need on our system. The application that is used
to create these files, is written in C++ .NET (because our whole
development and deployment processes are done on Windows-based
machines).

Currently I'm using a Linux machine to compile/make the code from
tzcode*.tar.gz and to create the binary tzfiles. These binary files are
then parsed by the application mentioned above.

Is there any possibility to compile the tzcode under Windows (especially
Visual Studio 2005/2008) so that we could create our text files
automatically using only the tzcode*.tar.gz and tzdata*.tar.gz archives?
I'd appreciate any help or hints.

Best regards,
Oliver

Oliver Gerber
Diplom-Informatiker
Software Engineer
Cardinal Health Research Services

ph: +49 931 4972 276 | fax: +49 931 4972 62276
oliver.gerber at cardinalhealth.com
<mailto:moliver.gerber at cardinalhealth.com>
www.cardinalhealth.com/researchservices

Cardinal Health Germany 234 GmbH
Leibnizstr. 7
97204 Hoechberg, Germany
District Court Wuerzburg HRB 7004
General Management: Ralf Lother, Paul ter Grote,
Ellen de Jager-Satter, Rudy Mareel, Linda Harty

DISCLAIMER:
This information and any attachments contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email, and delete the original message immediately.