Running tzcode under Windows / C++ .NET

Ilya.Shtein at metavante.com Ilya.Shtein at metavante.com
Tue Nov 25 17:04:54 UTC 2008

Oliver,´

You might find this article useful:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/locale/zoneinfo_dotnet_api.aspx

Ilya
Ilya Shtein
IT Architect
Banking Solutions Strategic Architecture
Metavante Technologies
414-577-9418
ilya.shtein at metavante.com

             "Gerber, Oliver"
             <Oliver.Gerber at vi
             asyshc.com>                                                To
                                       <tz at lecserver.nci.nih.gov>
             11/25/2008 10:44                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Running tzcode under Windows / C+
             Please respond to         + .NET
             tz at elsie.nci.nih.
                    gov

Hello all,

we are using the TZ database on an embedded device. As the system has no
standard operating system (only a small proprietary MicroKernel) and is not
very powerful, we cannot use the TZ data “as is” on the device. Instead of
this, we create text files from the TZ data for the countries and the time
range we need on our system. The application that is used to create these
files, is written in C++ .NET (because our whole development and deployment
processes are done on Windows-based machines).

Currently I’m using a Linux machine to compile/make the code from
tzcode*.tar.gz and to create the binary tzfiles. These binary files are
then parsed by the application mentioned above.

Is there any possibility to compile the tzcode under Windows (especially
Visual Studio 2005/2008) so that we could create our text files
automatically using only the tzcode*.tar.gz and tzdata*.tar.gz archives?
I’d appreciate any help or hints.

Best regards,

Oliver

Oliver Gerber

Diplom-Informatiker

Software Engineer

Cardinal Health Research Services

ph: +49 931 4972 276 | fax: +49 931 4972 62276

oliver.gerber at cardinalhealth.com

www.cardinalhealth.com/researchservices

Cardinal Health Germany 234 GmbH

Leibnizstr. 7

97204 Hoechberg, Germany

District Court Wuerzburg HRB 7004

General Management: Ralf Lother, Paul ter Grote,
Ellen de Jager-Satter, Rudy Mareel, Linda Harty

DISCLAIMER:
This information and any attachments contained in this email message is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
email, and delete the original message immediately.

This message contains confidential and proprietary information of the
sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message
without making a copy.