Pakistan update

Alexander Krivenyshev wtz at worldtimezone.com
Mon Apr 6 20:48:38 UTC 2009

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] <olsona <at> dc37a.nci.nih.gov> writes:

> You didn't miss a Pakistan update; as far as I know we don't yet have
> anything that's government-issued.

Some additional information according to today news from Pakistan Online
International News Network, that Pakistan plan to introduce DST from May 2009
till November 1, 2009.

Summary sent to Cabinet for advancing clock by one hr in May: Pervaiz
http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?id=143500

"Federal Minister for Water and Power, Raja Pervaiz Ashraf has said that
the incumbent government is working on war-foot basis to overcome the
shortfall of electricity in the country while the summary has been forwarded
to the cabinet to advance clocks by one hour in May for adopting Daylight
Saving Time (DST)."

and

No loadshedding from next year: Ashraf
http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?id=134732

"Federal minister for Water and Power, Raja Pervez Ashraf has said
..... that time will be reversed by one hour from the November 1. "

(short DST paragraph news)
http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_pakistan04.html

Alexander Krivenyshev,
http://www.worldtimezone.com