New home for time zone stuff by 2012?

Mark Davis ⌛ mark at macchiato.com
Thu Aug 27 17:48:39 UTC 2009

The officers of the Unicode Consortium (http://unicode.org) have discussed
this issue, and are interested in exploring hosting the TZ efforts. Aside
from the Unicode projects, we currently also support other independent
efforts (http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/, http://www.unicode.org/udhr/).
Hosting the TZ project would provide for mailing list hosting, code
distribution, source code repository (SVN) if desired, etc., web pages, etc.
-- presuming that the functioning of the TZ group would continue basically
as it does now.

If there is interest in something along these lines, we can discuss more
specifics of what this would look like and then pass a proposal by our board
of directors.

Mark