Unicode Consortium (Re: New home for time zone stuff by 2012?)

Larry Gilbert lgilbert at digium.com
Thu Aug 27 18:22:10 UTC 2009

I was about to suggest this, but am concerned about whether having the
TZ project under the UC umbrella would really allow it to "continue
basically as it does now."  Other projects under UC such as CLDR have
lengthy input/review/release cycles, but the TZ data has to be able to
be turned around quickly due to the unpredictability of time changes in
some countries (Egypt is still fresh in my mind).

--
Larry Gilbert <lgilbert at digium.com>
Digium | Switchvox