New time zone home (revisited)

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Mon Jun 28 09:30:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E]
<olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov> wrote:

> It seems to have been overly ambitious to find both a new host and a new maintainter for the time
> zone stuff at the same time. So, one thing at a time. Who has insights on a workable options
> for new host(s) for the mailing list and the software distribution?

Getting the source into a publicly discoverable revision control
system is a good start to bringing in new maintainers.

I work for Canonical on the launchpad.net project, which provides free
revision control (Bazaar), mailing lists, issue tracking, review
processes, release downloads etc. for open source projects. Launchpad
is one of a number of suitable options. Apart from hosting numerous
'upstream' open source products, it is used to build, track and
translate Ubuntu. I'm happy to do the setup and help maintain or hand
over the keys. But like I said - one of a number of options.

Unless you can find someone suitable to anoint as your successor, I
suspect your going to need to setup some sort of committee empowered
to keep the 'official' project going when you become unwilling or
unable to do so. Easiest way could be to hand things over to the Free
Software Foundation, ISO, IEEE, Unicode, Debian but I know little of
that.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/