DST in America/Metlakatla?

Bill Seymour stdbill.h at pobox.com
Fri Jun 17 21:50:14 UTC 2011

I apologize if this is old news that somehow blew by me.

I don't think the zone America/Metlakatla in northamerica
is quite right yet.  I think the rule in the last line of the zone
should be "-", not "US".  I'm guessing that that was just
a typo.

FWIW, I've confirmed independently that Metlakatla
observes UTC-8 year-round.  My day job is with the
U.S. Postal Service, and I work on a system that
schedules transportation, so time zones are important
to me.

Confused by the "US" in America/Metlakatla, I called
the 99926 post office; and the woman I spoke to said,
"Right now, we're the same time as the rest of Alaska.
Fall/winter, we're the same as Seattle."

--Bill Seymour

"If this were my employer's opinion, I wouldn't be allowed
to post it." -- Norman Diamond