[tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Fri Oct 7 09:57:59 UTC 2011

On 7 October 2011 10:47, Robert Elz <kre at munnari.oz.au> wrote:
>    Date:        Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:54:54 +0200
>    From:        Yann Droneaud <yann at droneaud.fr>
>
>  | It's probably a good time to switch to a distributed version control
>
> Actually, while that's almost certainly a good idea, right now is
> precisely not the time to be doing that.    Too many changes all at once
> just lead to chaos.

I'd prefer to see it sooner rather than later. The more like an open
source project this is the better.

> And even that leaves aside the question of just which of those systems to
> adopt, which is a question, every other time I have seen it (other contexts),
> that never seems to get settled quickly - they all seem to have different
> advantages and disadvantages, which is "best" depends a lot on what each
> individual user sees as most important.

That was true a couple of years ago, but now I think you'll find most
objective observers agree that git has won and is the rational choice
(note thats rational, not best).

And thanks for continuing the work.

Stephen
blog.joda.org